Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rafa FTW

Roger Federer is the best. He plays ever so gracefully, hardly gets injured, and speaks a handful of languages. But of course, there's no point in being too good when there's no one to challenge you. I guess that's why I like Rafa, because he can really stand up against Roger. Well, at least that's how I came to like Rafa at first. Now I know he will be written down as one of the best players ever, and not just the King of Clay. He's the simple, family-oriented guy from Spain who actually happens to be a marvelous sportsman.

This is a little treat I got from YouTube, springing after reading a recent article from the US Open website. It's a footage of the Australian Open 2009 awarding ceremony, which I haven't seen until just now. The awesome part starts at around 3:38. :)



I don't how accurate this quotation is, but from the same article I found this gem:
"I go to practice every day not to practice; I go to practice every day to try to learn something and to keep improving my level," Nadal said after his throttling of Mikhail Youzhny in the semifinal.
Incredible.


No comments: